Food Glorious Food
- Series 1: 9 x 50 Minutes (February - April 2013)
- Presented By: Carol Vorderman
- Judges: Stacie Stewart (Beehive Bakery), food writer Tom Parker Bowles, food connoisseur Loyd Grossman & vice chairwoman of the WI Anne Harrison
- Executive Producers: Simon Cowell & Becky Clarke
- Series Producer: Sam Simon
- Series Director: Steve Smith
- An Optomen Television & Syco Entertainment co-production for ITV1
Every recipe tells a story. And every family has one that makes us laugh, rediscover precious memories and sums up all that’s great about food. Whether it’s Norma's Roast Lamb or Eric’s Legendary Chocolate Rolls, these dishes delight our senses, bring people together and spread happiness. Food, Glorious Food! is a nine-part prime-time series for ITV1 that scours the country in search of a very special dish that, for the first time in television history, every viewer in Britain would be able to taste for themselves.
Everyone thinks they can cook one dish brilliantly, and that’s all they needed to do to enter the competition. The prize - £20,000 in cash and the winning dish on the shelves of every Marks & Spencer supermarket across the UK. All the profits go to charity, so everyone will benefit.
The series was recorded on location across the UK with 6 regional heats, two semi-finals and a final.